|“||By this time tomorrow, I'll be queen, and all of Bergen Town will finally get exactly what they deserve: TRUE HAPPINESS!||„|
|~ Chef in Trolls|
Chef is a light purple-skinned Bergen with short, light turquoise hair. On her large chin, some small-sized moles can be seen. She has red eyes with a yellow sclera, a large magenta nose, thin purple lips and crooked teeth. Chef's outfit consists of a tall, white chef hat, a white chef uniform with golden sleeve borders, brown stripped pants, and a leather brown fanny pack where she keeps Trolls in. She also has golden hoop earrings, being one of the few Bergens to actually have such thing. Unlike most Bergens, Chef is barefoot.
Chef never was the same after the Trolls escaped Bergen Town. She had it all: a sterling reputation, throngs of admirers, and a coveted spot in the Royal Kitchen. But everything she had built crumbled in an instant the day the Trolls fled in tunnels under the Troll Tree. Chef was utterly humiliated. Now, after 20 years spent wandering the forest in exile, Chef hears something in the distance… A celebration!
Could it be the thing she’s been vowing to find all these years? Will Chef finally discover the Trolls’ hiding spot, and put Troll Cuisine back on the menu in Bergen Town?
- She is impatient and gruff.
- Chef loves to whack underlings with her ladle.
- She has many Troll recipes, like Troll-loaf and Egg-Trolls.
- Chef secretly holds the power in Bergentown.
Chef was a celebrity who enjoyed all the luxury, praise and adulation that came with her status.
It was clear she held a grudge about being expelled due to the Trolls' escape, seeking control over the other Bergens later on. She saw her position as the keeper of the Bergens' happiness, believing that only she can deliver what they want. This led her to desperately crave power above her station.
Chef would also sacrifice every Troll if possible, as well as give Trolls to the Bergens outside of Trollstice.
Bergen Royal Family
Though she displayed no loathing against the Royal family in the beginning, due to her banishment from Bergen Town she came to resent them. The main reason for this was due to how cowardly King Gristle Sr. had stripped her of her title as royal chef of Bergen Castle and sent her away, using her as an escape goat in the process. She began to resent the family for this.
Later when King Gristle Jr. is on the throne, Chef shows a desire to see him ousted and for herself to be on the throne, as she saw control of the Trolls as controlling all Bergens. While she talked politely to his face, this was just a manipulation to get what she wanted.
Chef didn't care about the Trolls, despite being their caretaker. To her, they were simply a means to an end. She was willing to sacrifice them all and use them to control the other Bergens.
Bridget was presumably a former assistant of Chef, who was implied to have been mean towards her in the past.
When Chef gets her job back as royal chef of Bergen Castle, she meets Bridget again. Straight away, she treats Bridget in a harsh way, throwing a pile of dishes on top of her and telling her to wash it while mispronouncing her name as "Idget." Throughout the way, Chef continues trying to make Bridget's life miserable, such as prohibiting her from assisting Trollstice.
Skills & Abilities
She has most normal Bergen abilities.
In source material, it's stated that her cooking skills were unmatched by any other Bergen; this is why she was able to become the head cook of Bergen Castle. She had a number of recipes for preparing Trolls, which were featured in a recipe book written by her titled "Cookin' With Trolls".
With her position came great power. "Controlling" the Bergen's happiness allowed her to have as much power as King Gristle Sr. had, since her position gave her access to the Trolls. She enjoyed all the luxuries that came with her position.
- No confirmation on her death has been made officially, despite her and Creek being last seen getting eaten.
- Trolls: The Junior Novelization and Rock'N'Troll Collection book no.2 Branch and the Cooking Catastrophe state that a rumor claims she's now living deep inside the forest. There, she uses Creek to scrub dishes. The chapter book is a licensed material, but isn't considered official canon. However, the novelization had elements from Trolls that were later rewritten, meaning that this was likely the movie's original ending.
- The Treasure Trove adaptation of Trolls has Chef and Creek banished to live together unhappily ever after.
- She was banished from Bergen Town twice.
- She was originally going to have a song to herself titled Bringing Back Happy. It was dropped as the film's developers realized the song wouldn't fit for a Bergen who didn't know what happiness was, though the full track had been recorded, and a scene was already made for it. It was also due to the lyrics being considered too dark for children, as Chef was revealing in joy on how to kill the Trolls for food.
|Trolls - Main Characters|
|King Peppy • Princess Poppy • Branch • Creek • Cooper • Biggie • Smidge • Guy Diamond • Satin and Chenille • DJ Suki • Fuzzbert • Grandma Rosiepuff †|
|Trolls - Minor Characters|
|Harper • Moxie Dewdrop • Cookie Sugarloaf • Mandy Sparkledust • Keith • Darius • Uncle Ron Sr. †|
|King Gristle Jr. • Bridget • Chef • King Gristle Sr. • Chad and Todd • Bibbly • Captain Starfunkle|
|Mr. Dinkles • Cloud Guy • Barnebis|
|Miss Guffin • Aspen Heitz • Cybil • Maddy • Karma|